Life Style....This is Me is about the things I do in my life.I paint,Craft,do a little photography,write poetry and stories.I'm a pet blogger with Speedy's blog.I love to cook and try to live a healthy life style and keep relatively fit.And I love to travel whether here in the UK or Abroad. Some of the different things I do doesn't always work out, but that's ok....That's life and it's a journey

Sunday 6 April 2014

Its taken a while but my curtain project is done!

It took a while to do but I finally finished this little project.
My New curtains for the back bedroom,and the reason the took so long ,they are all hand stitched by my own fair hands....no sewing machine in this house!And I have never made any thing like this before,even the tie back is hand made strips of fabric then braided with a loop on each end.

19 comments:

  1. Wow. Looks amazing. I just hand stitched a few aprons and it was a project. You must be very proud of you work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you I am,b ut was glad when they were finished,xx Rachel

      Delete
  2. Well done, I used to make stuff without a sewing machine too at one time. I still do with some things.. they look lovely :-) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. that's very impressive! I sew by hand too but have never made anything as big as curtains

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. well I didn't have much choice no machine to use,they are fairly easy to do just time consuming,xx Rachel

      Delete
  4. Wow. You're very creative, Rachel. Love these curtains, nice colour too. I'm sewing a lot by hand too. Last week I sow lace curtains for my grandchild, but after one curtain, my sister borrowed me her sewing machine..Phew..the second curtain was much quicker finished, than the first one :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hate to say it but I actually don't get on with machines,a bit afriad of them,xx Rachel

      Delete
  5. Hi Rachel,
    This is a job that is very well done! Not one I would care to tackle with out a sewing machine. Bravo to you, they look great!
    Thank you for your visit and kind words for Olivia...
    blessings,
    Penny

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Penny,it was a lot of hard work but satisfying,xx Rachel

      Delete
  6. Wow, great curtains! I made some long ago, but don't they hung quite so straight as yours! I'm impressed!

    xo Mary Jo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. time and Patience is what it take,thank you,xx Rachel

      Delete
  7. Congrats to your curtains - they look great! Am a new follwer of yours - come and follow me too?
    Have a happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Martina,I will with pleasure,xx Rachel

      Delete
  8. Thank you Rachel, for you visit and kind words for Dexter... I am so happy you enjoyed viewing.
    Wishing you a beautiful weekend.
    blessings,
    Penny

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy weekend and thanks for your sweet visit! Hope you enjoy the very last of August!

    ReplyDelete
  10. A beautiful color. It is so gratifying to be able to sew ones' own curtains etc. Have a great week end Rachael! Sandra from Canada

    ReplyDelete